More than any other instrument in its class, the NS upright captures the feel and tonal character of an acoustic bass, while adding dimensions of performance energy, ease and versatility not possible with any acoustic. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, NXTa EUB’s exemplify flawless workmanship at an exceptional value. The tone quality and dynamic range of the NXTa owes much to the self-powered NS Polar™ Pickup System. Employing special piezo crystals, mounted beneath the bridge, the pickup captures the full sound spectrum created by the strings and body of the instrument. Arco versus pizzicato playing creates more vibration energy in one direction than the other, and a convenient switch on the side of the NXTa actually allows the player to select sensitivity for either mode. The result is either more percussive response, or smoother and sustained response, adding a new dimension to what the player can create musically. The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, delivers a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief provides extraordinary ease of playability from the lowest to the highest positions. To suit individual player preferences, the fingerboard relief can be adjusted via the truss rod in the neck, and the string height is readily adjustable at the bridge.
- Dual Mode Active/Passive Output
- Adjustable height bridge
- Polar™ Pickup System
- Maple Neck/Body/Bridge
- Hand graduated fingerboard, asymmetric relief, with cascading dot pattern for position reference.
- Adjustable truss rod for precise fingerboard relief adjustment.
- Scale Length: 106 cm (41.73″).
- Length: 132 cm (52″); Width:15 cm (6″); Thickness: 10 cm (4″)
- Compatible with most standard ¾ size upright bass strings.
- Padded gig bag standard with bow holder, handle, strap and accessories pouch
- Tool kit, Owners Manual
- Optional NS accessories include: German or French Bass Bow, Bass End Pin Stand, CR Stand Conversion Kit (works with CR Tripod Stand), Bass Neck Heel (Thumbstop), Frame Strap System, Boomerang™Strap System, Flight Case. Instruments with CR stand also accept NXT stand and vise versa.