For the bassist entering the world of the pure electric upright, this instrument offers the combination of design, performance and affordability exceeding any other instrument in its class. True to the NS tradition, the WAV readily captures the essence of an acoustic, yet opens up a wide range of new possibilities. The WAV proudly shares the same elegant, modern body design, ergonomics and performance support options of its companions in the NS line.
The WAV’s Polar pickup system includes a convenient toggle switch between Arco and Pizzicato mode. Use the Arco mode for a traditional acoustic response for either bowing and a percussive plucked sound, or switch to the Pizzicato mode for uniquely even and sustained plucked sound, opening up new dimensions to the sound pallet. The piezo-powered passive electronics deliver an amazingly natural tone with unlimited overhead for extraordinary performance without the need or hassle of batteries.
- Passive, high impedance output
- Rotary for Volume, Tone (Treble roll off), 2-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System
- Adjustable height bridge
- Polar™ Pickup System
- Maple Neck/Body/Bridge
- Hand graduated fingerboard, asymmetric relief, with cascading dot pattern for position reference
- Adjustable truss rod for precise fingerboard relief adjustment
- Heavy-duty, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish
- Scale Length: 106 cm (41.73″)
- Length: 132 cm (52″); Width:15 cm (6″); Thickness: 10 cm (4″)
- Compatible with most standard ¾ size upright bass strings
- Padded gig bag standard with bow holder, handle, strap and accessories pouch
- Tool kit, Owners Manual
- NXT Tripod Stand included
- Optional NS accessories include: German or French Bass Bow, Bass End Pin Stand, CR Stand Conversion Kit (works with CR Tripod Stand), Bass Neck Heel (Thumbstop), Frame Strap System, Boomerang™Strap System, Flight Case. Instruments with CR stand also accept NXT stand and vise versa.