THE NS ELECTRIC VIOLA
The NS Electric Viola brings together extraordinary tone, exceptional playability, and truly elegant design. Our family of instruments includes the sophisticated CR Viola with active electronics, and the straight-ahead pro level NXTa Viola featuring the new battery-free active output electronics.
Over the centuries, one of the key challenges for the viola builder and player alike has been to achieve more volume, especially in the lower registers, without sacrificing tone or playability. That need has never been greater than in the present era. The NS Electric Viola excels, especially where the violist shares the stage with instruments built for the world of amplifiers and high-powered sound reinforcement. You will be amazed at the full-bodied performance throughout every range, and enjoy complete freedom from wolf-tones and feedback. We proudly invite you to explore and compare our amazing line-up, and consider which one might best fit your performance needs. Along the way, learn about the remarkable Polar™ Pickup System, the patented NS self-clamping tuning system, the adjustable height bridge, the malleable Custom Shoulder Rest, and other important features which distinguish the NS.
All NS violas include
- Adjustable height bridge
- Patented Self-Clamping Tuning System
- Polar™ Pickup System
- Maple Neck/Body/Reference Bout/Bridge
- Custom Shoulder Rest
- Ebony Fingerboard/Chin Rest
- Scale Length: 366 mm (14.4"); String spacing: Bridge 18 mm (0.7") Nut 38 mm (1.5")
- Length: 585 mm (23"); Width: 116.8 mm (4.6"); Thickness: 51 mm (2")
- Manufactured in the Czech Republic
- Compatible with any solid and stranded core viola strings, D'Addario™ NS Electric viola strings are standard. High stretch synthetic core strings not recommended.
- Custom hardshell case standard with bow holder, handle, strap and accessories pouches
- Tool kit, Owners Manual
- Optional NS accessories include: Balanced Shoulder Rest, Adjustable Chin Rest, Viola Stand, Flight Case
9-Volt Active, EMG™ onboard preamp
Rotary for Volume, Treble EQ, Bass EQ; 3-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System and Electronics
Flame maple, traditional Amber finish. Flame maple, traditional Amber satin finish. Custom finish also available: Quilted Maple, Poplar Burl, Zebrawood, Slate Gray.
1/8" headphone jack for silent practice and self-monitoring
4 String CGDA
Battery-Free Dual Mode Active-Passive
Rotary for Volume, Tone (Treble roll off); Push Pull for Active/Passive Mode; 2-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System
Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Satin Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body
Includes NXTa AC charger
4 String CGDA