Over the centuries, one of the key challenges for the viola builder and player alike has been to achieve more volume, especially in the lower registers, without sacrificing tone or playability. That need has never been greater than in the present era. The NS Electric Viola excels, especially where the violist shares the stage with instruments built for the world of amplifiers and high-powered sound reinforcement.
CR Series Viola
With a remarkable tonal range due to its innovative Polar™ pickup system, the NS Viola is able to selectively capture the string vibration favored for both bow and pizzicato technique with stunning brilliance and sensitivity. Now the violist can shed the constraints of the acoustic instrument, and enjoy full, rich, powerful sound from an instrument that is very comfortable to play.
NXTa Series Viola
Designed to meet the demands of studio, stage, and other challenging performance environments, the NXTa Active Viola frees the violist from the limitations of an amplified acoustic viola. Based around a comfortable 16″ viola string scale, key features of this instrument include the Polar™ Pickup System with the new dual mode signal output, patented precision tuning system, sleek, ergonomic design, and comparatively light weight.
All NS violas include
- Adjustable height bridge
- Patented Self-Clamping Tuning System
- Polar™ Pickup System
- Maple Neck/Body/Reference Bout/Bridge
- Custom Shoulder Rest
- Ebony Fingerboard/Chin Rest
- Scale Length: 366 mm (14.4″); String spacing: Bridge 18 mm (0.7″) Nut 38 mm (1.5″)
- Length: 585 mm (23″); Width: 116.8 mm (4.6″); Thickness: 51 mm (2″)
- Manufactured in the Czech Republic
- Compatible with any solid and stranded core viola strings, D’Addario™ NS Electric viola strings are standard. High stretch synthetic core strings not recommended.
- Custom hardshell case standard with bow holder, handle, strap and accessories pouches
- Tool kit, Owners Manual
- Optional NS accessories include: Balanced Shoulder Rest, Adjustable Chin Rest, Violin Caddy, Flight Case
9-Volt Active, EMG™ onboard preamp
Rotary for Volume, Treble EQ, Bass EQ; 3-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System and Electronics
Flame maple, traditional Amber finish. Flame maple, traditional Amber satin finish. Custom finish also available: Quilted Maple, Poplar Burl, Zebrawood, Slate Gray.
1/8″ headphone jack for silent practice and self-monitoring
4 String CGDA
Battery-Free Dual Mode Active-Passive
Rotary for Volume, Tone (Treble roll off); Push Pull for Active/Passive Mode; 2-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System
Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Satin Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body
Includes NXTa AC charger
4 String CGDA